This independent review is part of our Self Service Market Review.
- Cased Dimensions
- Cherwell Service Management
- LANDESK (best in class)
|Date of version Release||2014|
|Pricing Structure||Currently vFire is sold as a perpetual licence for concurrent and dedicated agent users, the customer interface is supplied as an unlimited licence.|
|Elevator Pitch||ITSM functionality and user oriented product with simple and fresh interface.
Delivers most of the key functions and with simple intuitive editing and building capability.
|Industry areas||Aims to compete at enterprise level as a multi-function ITSM tool – also can provide a number of technical interfaces and views on virtualised environments – e.g. CMDB.|
|Unique points||Alemba say their USP is their variety of plug in VMWare connectors – so they can provide technical insight and capability around highly virtualized environments.
Self Service function is provides standard-looking interface with extensive functionality.
|Target market||Enterprise and large IT and ITSM organisations – particularly VMware customers.
Positioned mostly at ITSM market.
|Solutions/ issues solved||Simple approach to ITSM – also some technical integration (in specific VMware market).|
|Overall view||Looks to be a credible competitor in tier 1 and tier 2 markets – high end ITSM functionality for the enterprise.
May be playing catch up with other players in this area but the product has extensive functionality and also looks clean and quite fresh as an ITSM tool.
At Alemba we understand that effective communication between the IT Department and its end users is essential to the success of any organization. Designed with user engagement in mind, vFire Customer Portal offers a modern,attractive interface that is highly intuitive.
- self-service logging for your customers
- a Knowledge Bank, making it easier to find solutions to known issues
- a recognizable and intuitive Shopping Cart function
- Service Desk performance statistics with customer friendly dashboards
- review of Major Incidents affecting the customer organization
- up-to-date, relevant News Bulletins
- the ability to personalize vFire Portal to reflect corporate branding
Key Business Benefits
- Effective communication between Service Desk and customer base
- Efficient cost and resource management
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Fewer calls, improving the efficiency of the Service Desk
- Fewer logged Incidents by promotion of Knowledge Bank articles.