Please note that we are no longer accepting entries to be part of this report.
Today we kick off our 2014 ITSM Tools Universe research in which we will be looking at the multitude of tools out there that claim to help with the management of Information Technology Services; from one function tools through to the ‘all-singing-all-dancing’ suites.
Why invest in ITSM tools?
Organizations typically invest in ITSM technology to help them:
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Improve service availability and response times
- Integrate or improve integration between processes
- Improve root cause analysis
- Automate or improve business workflows
- Improve business visibility of IT services
We are looking to talk with ANY supplier who has technology in these areas.
The Assessment Process
There is no cost to participate in our ITSM Universe research.
- Complete this online questionnaire
- Upon completion, schedule an online briefing and arrange customer references
We have tried to automate our assessment process as much as possible given the number of tools we plan to assess, so we have used an online submission form to initiate the process. I have posted a PDF version for participants for reference. If you have any questions please contact me.
ITSM Universe Objectives
Rather than reviewing just the major competitors, this review hopes to shed light on the emerging players and, over time, the changes in the position of the companies involved and moves in market share.
Consideration will also be given to where vendors focus their efforts and to which customer type their products are suitable.
Results will be published in Spring 2014 using our ‘Universe Methodology‘.
The criteria we will be focusing on is as follows:
- Competitive differentiators
- ITSM processes included out of the box
- The level of in-house customization possible and by whom
- Possible configurations available out of the box
- Self-Service options
- Reporting capabilities
- Process linkage
- Interaction with business outcomes
- Alignment with industry frameworks
The last tool showcase I attended offered very little in the way of USP promotion so I am especially interested to see what vendors believe are their competitive differentiators …please don’t let it be ‘The Cloud’!
- Axios Systems
- CA Technologies
- Cherwell Software
- Frontrange Solutions
- Good Sign
- ITRP Institute
- Monitor 24-7
The following vendors will not be part of this report:
These vendors either declined, were unable to commit to the report schedule or were unable to provide customer references.