Regular ITSM Review columnist Rob England (a.k.a. ‘The IT Skeptic’) has just published his latest contribution to the ITSM industry:
“Plus! The Standard+Case Approach: See service response in a new light”
“If your customers see your group as bureaucratic and inflexible…
If your staff feel process bound…
If your process doesn’t adapt to a changing world…
See service response in a new light.
Standard+Case is an exciting new approach to categorising and resolving any sort of response activity, such as service desk, tech support, public safety, social welfare, or health. If you have anything to do with responding to situations when providing a service, read this. It will change your view of how responses are handled.
Standard+Case applies to anything that requires a human response: there’s either a standard response or there isn’t.”
What they said…
“By tying together the mature practices of ITSM and Case Management Rob has strengthened and filled in gaps of both frameworks. A must read for ITSM professionals!” Troy DuMoulin, Pink Elephant.
“Great reading and concept. Now I want to build it.” Matt Beran, ITSM Consultant.
More info on the book:
- Standard+Case on CreateSpace
- Standard + Case Website (Videos, Slides, Podcasts, Webinars…)
To help Skep get the word out on his new book we’re running a competition!
In a nutshell: Write a review of Rob’s book, post it on this article, the best one wins a Kindle Fire.
- Deadline to receive reviews: Sunday 28th July
- How to enter: Post your review as a comment on this blog entry or by email
- The ITSM Review will choose the winning review (i.e. Not Rob)
- Rob doesn’t mince his words on book reviews, neither should you. We welcome all reviews, good or bad. We aspire to useful and perceptive content on The ITSM Review – this should be no different.
- The ITSM Review’s decision is final, yada-yada
- We reserve the right to change the rules retrospectively to cover our backsides with the guiding principles that we are a) Good eggs and b) not evil 🙂