Our next group test will look at any technology that enables ‘Self Service’.
Technology to automate routine processes and help users help themselves.
Our Group Tests review and compare the features and strengths of technology for a particular use case.
Previous Group Tests:
- Outside IT
- Change, Config and Release
- Knowledge Management
- Service Catalogue
- Request Fulfilment
- Incident and Problem Management
The aim of the review is to support prospective buyers with their selection process by providing features to consider when selecting a Self Service solution, and highlighting key competitive differentiators between products.
- Configurability: look and feel, ability to follow corporate design, use of icons as well as text.
- Design (areas that can not be configured): simple, uncluttered
- Sign in: SSO, OAuth, OpenID, OpenID Connect etc.
- Ability to log requests/incidents
- Knowledge: search, display, auto suggest, rate
- Interaction: live feed, chat
- Ability to run customer satisfaction surveys
- Ability to run diagnostics
- Reporting: number of end user visits, areas visited, most popular articles
- Automation: password resets, software deployment, request approval
- Integrations: SAM, chat, remote support, Service Catalog etc
- Ability to use outside of IT
If you are an end user of Self Service technology – please consider writing a review to help your peers make smarter buying decisions.
Suppliers who wish to participate should contact us.